CONFESSIONS OF A POP COUTURE ADDICT TRAPPED IN ARMY

Saturday, December 25, 2004

mErRy ChriStMas pEoPLe!


It's Christmas liao!!! Yipee!!

Ya'know.. One thing that I was dreaming of whilst suffering in Brunei, one thing that was sustaining me was the notion that when i returned to Singapore, everyone would be in the festive Christmas spirit and everyone would be jolly and Christmas presents would fly all around and so on.. (so imagine my horror when i though we were gonna get quaratined at Lakiun)

Itz also partially because I fell ill exactly this time of the year last year... my first bookout after entering NS where i got food poisoning and spent a good part of my Christmas retching in bed and complaining of tummyaches... when i was well, it was back to camp...

But well.. when I came back.. just couldn't find or really feel the Christmas spirit... be it whilst walking down Orchard Road and seeing the fairy lights and hearing some Christmas songs, or seeing throngs of people in red garb clutching colourful bags or prezzies, or even in the perceived Christmas bashes and parties that I thought we as a family could celebrate... but it turned out to be a pretty dull affair w/o a really delicious spread of food or wine and with little festivities... sigh... I thought I was gonna be pretty disappointed this Christmas..

but then.. the church session (which i was initially reluctant to go to as I wanted to have a true Xmas party) truly brought the Christmas spirit back to me and made me realise with a start...

It's not about me..

It's about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ...

and God's such deep love to us, even though we ae so unlovable...

such love that he gave up his send and condemned him to Earth.. where he knew his ultimate destiny was death on the cross...

That's WHAT we celebrate.. it's a celebration of God's love! NOT like in Love Actually.. where Christmas is a excuse to buy gifts, to shower each other with love.. (i mean not that it's not good.. but it's off focus)

+++ back to the gathering, it was an evangelistic event, and we'll I respect those people who were willing to come to church instead of hitting the streets, thinking they can "soak up the atmosphere".. but in actually fact, being in Church was the one thing that made me feel so joyful and peaceful within my heart.. and the singing of all those beautiful hymns made things so warm and fuzzy (ha!)

so yeah.. people.. realize the true meaning of Christmas.. this Christmas.. k?

We Are The Reason

As little children
We would dream of Christmas morn
Of all the gifts and toys
We knew we'd find
But we never realized
A baby born one blessed night
Gave us the greatest gift of our lives

We were the reason
That He gave His life
We were the reason
That He suffered and died
To a world that was lost
He gave all He could give
To show us the reason to live

As the years went by
We learned more about gifts
The giving of ourselves
And what that means
On a dark and cloudy day
A man hung crying in the rain
All because of love, all because of love

I've finally found the reason for living
It's in giving every part of my heart to Him
In all that I do every word that I say
I'll be giving my all just for Him, for Him

He is my reason to live


FrAnk!~
(P.S. MERRY CHRISTMAS ALVIN TNG!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home