CONFESSIONS OF A POP COUTURE ADDICT TRAPPED IN ARMY

Saturday, October 30, 2004

i HATE computer jargon! (and pple who use them so freely!!)

Been feeling pretty stupid these few days whilst working with Yihao and Jeremy on my laptop in the project room... gosh...with them spewing words like proxy, ftp, BEUI, what the whatever... I'm like completely BLANK.. and my heading was swimming with all these information overload... and the last straw is when jeremy downloads so many programs which like now.. I dun even noe how to use 1/2 of the programs in my com... hehe.. guess that's where you say knowledge is power.. =(...

worse thing is, the instructors all around seemingly KNOW such stuff well as well... so i really look like some country bumpkin who is completely comouter illiterate.. (which is SO not true!).. aniwez.. after such humbling lessons.. my dad/mum suggested me to go learn up such stuff for "future use" and not just amble around discussing stupid things like reality TV and survivor... gawd.. it's that same old argument again.. oh well.. but me feeling small here...

but well it feels pretty important, privilledged and kewl to hide in the cool recesses of the project room and avoid all sorts of sai-kang whilst doing with comms mag stuf.. which i realise i dun actually have much time to do... sianz... but methinks for now it is still going on fine lah... 3 MONTHS TO COMMISIONING!!! HAHAHAHA.. NO MORE SUCKING OF THUMB LIAO!!! Cos really some of the Delta instructors are either darndedly stupid or just fricking rigid...(which makes me wonder how they even got into OCS in the first place.. oh well there ARE stupid cadets also what) Aniwez.. they will insist on doing things their way or in a set-but-in-the-scenario-irrational way.. which makes our life pretty sad actually.. i mean, now with AST getting 5 day week as well.. an d with somewhat more interaction with Foxtrot and seeing the amount of freedom they get.. u really sorrta wanna go there instead..

I mean, OCS is kinda getting ok lah.. fun lah i shud say, with the end-state quite close already, things just, well, seem better.. I dunno... maybe it's also because I'm getting close to many more people around in the platoon.. and yah.. it's somehwat like boarding school lah...

reGards
fRaNk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home