CONFESSIONS OF A POP COUTURE ADDICT TRAPPED IN ARMY

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

happy cny!

so it'll be the new year in around 20 minutes!! and yeah...i'm doing my part as a dutiful son to stay up until 12 as tradition states... gee.. that's OK with me =)

speaking about traditions, i always love the preparations part of new year where we would go about buying those delicious cookies, tartlets and snacks in those ubiquitous plastic containers with red caps and then store them up at home... then there's the cutting of bak-kwa into nice slices whilst stealing some scraps here and there.. my favourite thou, would be helping my mom with the placing of freshly minted notes into the nicely deopcrated ang-baos on her bed.. =).. see traditions are actually pretty fun things!

today was pretty uneventful... just slept alot to try and chase away the bloody migraine.. HONESTLY.. go AWAY! then spent the better part of the afternoon trying to clean up my room, which ultimately proved to be too much of a Herculeanic task... oh man...

my room has like become the set of the attic for Charmed lia, with every table littered with bric-a-bracs from the bvarious eras of my life, my studying era, my ns era, my scholarships era (complete with all the invitation letters, the pamphlets and paraphernalia.. which i all threw away)

i struggled with the task at hand for like an hour before i realised i had TOO MANY THINGS.. it was really impossible to finish everything, and be the neat and tidy me again.. bcos there were too many things i though i should keep and so on.. i mean.. am i going to throw away all my JC notes, books and stuff, which like occupy 4 shelves alone? then what about my NS stuff? cannot throw rite??

so now my room reminds me of Becky Bloomwood's room in Surrey with the "not knowing what you might fine feeling when you step in", where tables are piled high with various stuff bought during different whims and periods, and then left to neglect... ok.. i ain't THAT bad.. but unfortch, i might be getting there..

ok.. so I BOUGHT TOO MANY STUFF LAST YEAR.. and was pretty much a raving SHOPAHOLIC at times.. must change as well...

cos like my music cd rack is completely full and i had to cram the rest of my cds haphazardly into the cupboard cos i gave up on tidying the room after a while and just started hiding everything away... OOPS.. then my clothes closets are bursting apart with all the clothes, old, new, rejected, ns-related and so on... too many liao...

then at nite was reunion dinner lah.. dad had this "great" idea of drinking red wine whilst eating our stuff... but well.. it added to the festivities lah, thou we being pathetic drinkers, couldn't even finish the bottle... dinner was darn sumptuous and was like a rare thing liao cos it was finally many delicious plates home cooked food courtesy of mum... (such things have become rare since we sent our maid back... so now either eat like 1 or 2 pretty simple dishes or just eat out)

so yeah.. le chomp le chomp, le yum! and finally one tuan yuan fan with everyone around and lots of good food... i like! add this to the two other reunion dinners on sat and sun which were both very nice, i must say this is finally a semblance back to the normalcy that i used to take for granted during my schooling years... sigh..

so tmr's going to be the visiting day liao.. thou well.. think the people we will be visiting are less.. cos one of my unc's got brain tumour and well.. i dunno what will be the arrangements.. sigh.. looks like the older generation is really transiting into the new generation already..

frank

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home