CONFESSIONS OF A POP COUTURE ADDICT TRAPPED IN ARMY

Friday, December 31, 2004

SoMe PeoPle U MoSt pROb wOuLd NoT wAnNa MeEt iN HeAvEn...

You have been warned.. major bitching lies ahead...

...

...

1. Some people just have the uncanny knack of spoiling the mood in a place, either by their absolute stupidity or "ranger-ish" control freak attitude... Lay it off man! Just go for another ranger course and DIE man...

We come back exhausted but happy at being able to complete a 6km fast march within the stipulated time, and even "Mr. No-Link" is pretty pleased... (as the "Real FranKie" sez, "Man's greatest moment is when he lies in the battlefield completely spent and knowing he put in all his effort") And yet this bloody buggeration of a cocky ranger comes on and reprimands us for not putting our dummy magazines in and tells us "it is not a fast march if you don't have load.. it is nothing...too simple.. you think this is a fast march?"...

yes we do?

so what if we don't carry the load? would you die?

gee... thanks for spoiling/dampening our mood at the precise moment where we felt we did something good(I'd admit I was struggling -- can't figure out the heck of how to walk in a fast march... kept stamping around and making a lot of noise... typical..)

and thats not all.. puffed up in his importance and power in the wing.. he comments about our haircut and tells us to cut it SHORT.. like 3-2-2...

LIKE HIS FRIGGING UGLY HAIRSTYLE... or he'll bring his shaver and cut it off for us. even shorter than his...

since when has such oppression been carried out that a person cannot even decide to keep his hair to the SCHOOL'S STANDARDS and has to follow this DEVIL'S INCARNATE'S STANDARDS that is so fricking dumb and unreasonable..

oh yeah... 3 weeks and our hair will grow back.. u are soooo thoughtful... HAVE U EVER SEEN HAIR THAT "JUST GROWS" FROM A 3-2-2 HAIRSTYLE?!?! IT SUCKS!!!

and in the end, we the hapless cadets just have to go to the barber YET again to cut our hair properly.. WHAT A NICE WASTE OF MONEY...

sheesh... looks like i'll have to cut my hair.. what to do?

the story doesn't end... next he carries on his ramble about us questioning so much and "JUST DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD!"...

funny... aren't we encouraged to QUESTION things, besides on the battlefied, if we think it is incorrect? funny... didn't someone just say yesterday that we should "USE OUR INITIATIVE"?... what's wrong with you man? ranger course did permanent damage to your brains!?

this just so reeks of that time he dissed me and some other hapless cadets after we completed our 2.4km run and felt good that we had improved... he comes and says.. "Your results.. really cannot make it leh.. I cannot believe you all cannot run faster.. you all haven't been training by my way rite?"...

for your info, YOUR WAY SUCKS.

sierra wing just did ONE pathetic slope run and A FEW interval trainings and the have nearly 70% golds.. we have millions of slope runs thanks to your daily IPPT training sessions during 5BX and then those innumerable interval trainings and our IPPT results still aren't there yet...so yeah... don't THINK you are so darn good..

2. FOR THE LAST TIME I DID NOT EAT YOUR CHOCOLATES!

Be fricking grateful that i HELPED you ungrateful sod CLEAN your rifle, CLEAN your bayonet, SEND IN your arms, CLEAN your compass, CLEAN your field-pack. CLEAN your FRICKING dirty boots, PACK up all your stuff meticulously and nicely all whilst you were seemingly "struggling between the border of life and death in the sick bay"

YAH RITE.

I heard you were so bored you were chit-chatting the whole day with the people there... and NOT A WORD OF THANKS I GET, instead you just ASK me to bring down your CHOCOLATES for you to eat cos you are starving..

MR... aren't u.. SICK? BORDERING BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH? i see chocolate apparently can help... JUST LIKE THE XIANG-JI-PA you ate in taiwan that you said wouldn't hurt your throat... CONGRATS.. you come back from taiwan and get ATT C. for throat infection..

WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED?

look, I'm NOT being altruistic here but the simple fact is that your TIMING for falling ill is IMPECCABLE... everytime there is post admin.. something goes wrong with you.. everytime we are going to book out, you fall ill...and who gets to do your shit?
YOUR POOR OLE' FREN HERE... so yeah..

KINDLY TAKE CARE OF YOUR HEALTH.

and if that was only all.. I wouldn't I was nice enough to just write on the peer appraisal "LACKS INITIATIVE"... but now i think i ought to change it to "BONE LAZY".

WHY? cos these few days u seem to have gone from BAD to WORSE...

1. when everyone has gone downstairs to do sai-kang, you STAY IN THE BUNK, LIE ON YOUR BED, CLOSE THE DOOR AND START YOUR FLUFFY CONVERSATIONS WITH ONE OF YOUR PALS, MUNCHING SOME CHIPS AT THE SAME TIME... hello? food in the bunk? I'm so sick of telling you other stuff I can't be bothered about this liao..

2. when our CPC/CPS tells you to do work you simply say NO and continue lying there on the bed... HAVE YOU NO SHAME? can you see that you are perceived as a freaking slacker?

3. yesterday whilst I was rushing about do my stupid project and settling other stuff whilst you were MAKING YOUR FLUFFY, SILLY CONVERSATIONS ABOUT GOING TO CHINABLACK AND SO ON OR JUST GOSSIPING ABOUT SOMEONE'S GIRLFRIEND, you couldn't even have the decency to GO COLLECT THE TSR FILE for yourself and me and I HAVE TO TAKE IT FOR YOU... then at night whilst I AM LABELLING THE BUNK STUFF FOR YOU AS WELL, YOU SIT THERE, DOOR CLOSED, MUCHING YOUR FRICKING SNICKERS AND READING HARRY POTTER.. either that or talking to some gal... THANKS... and you can tel me that I should relax...

and when ALL i tell you to do is to CLEAR the collosal MESS you have made around your BED due to your utter laziness at not being able to unpack your stuff or store the things you drew, YOU TELL ME ITS NEAR YOUR BEDTIME AND YOUR EYES ARE ABOUT TO SHUT...

and when the lights go out, *surprise... someone is STILL talking on the phone... ANOTHER infringement of the rules...

4. TSR test was so fricking easy and YET you were so LAZY you had to copy from me... only when I warned that you would endanger both of us did you stop... HELLO??!?...

5. Today in the morning I was doing area cleaning before the fast march and you come back from your LONG breakfast knowing you don't have to do SHIT of a run cos "ohh.. my feet are still hurting and since it doesn't affect the badge, i don't think i want to do the 6km run..." (As frAnkie says, "WHY i AM NOT SUPRISED?!"..)

you see me doing cleaning, struggling coz i am sneezing like mad, yet you straight away go and lie down on your bed and cuddle your pillow.. and you have the AUDACITY to ask what I am doing...

"cleaning the bunk lah"
"aiyah... why do now.. relax a bit first lah"
"i want to book out early today...I'm dying of sneezing due to the dust here and aniwez it's better to do something than to slack, slack, slack"
"I'm not slacking" (YAH RITE)
"I'm not saying you.. I'm saying I don't want to slack and waste time..."
"ok lah.. you do first then when u are tired I'd help you"
"why not you just clean up the mess at your bed first"..

no answer... he lies there morose... then goes over to the next bunk and starts his conversations with me..

you know.. i HATE acting like a MATRON... and its not like it does me much GOOD.. but the fact is we live in the same bunk hello!? I feel like I am doing TWO-PEOPLE'S work here!?

6. after the fast march when everyone except you are tired, YOU whine about cleaning weapons and complain... and whilst you are cleaning your own miserable pathetic weapon, you stop every now and then talking about ChinaBlack, going to get food, talking to some guy... and yeah... i have cleaned 5 weapons by then... including YOUR miserable 2ND ARMS which you gave me when i asked anyone needed help... I don't think you needed any btw..

so I leave you to your own devices and go up to Plt 2 to help... and when I come down after 40 mins... you have finally kept your mess and you tell me

"Do you think if I lie on the bed now people will start asking me to do things?"

...

I felt like SLAPPING you at that exact moment.. the bunk wasn't even CLEANED properly... the shelves had a LAYER of dust on them, everything was not arranged properly and YAH.. it's clean...EVEN if the bunk was clean.. there were TONS of people who were still helping out in other areas and their bunks were in a terrible state...

AND YOU WANT TO LIE ON THE BED!?

so i say, "It isn't really finished leh.. there's still shelves not done... but I'll do it lah.. why not you go to the toilet to help with the mirrors... since that was my job initially..."

OF COURSE YOU DON'T DO IT.. not that I didn't remotely expect it...

7. can u stop USING and MANIPULATING people to do YOUR shit-work!? LIKE MR. xi-sheng whom you asked to SETTLE YOU FIELD PACK ITEMS whilst he was doing his CDO duties cos you were either TOO LAZY or couldn't be bothered...and he goes..

"did you change the ziplocs? cos I dunno how to do with those"
"never mind you can learn lah.. I'll teach you? I'm sure you can"..

at that moment I couldn't resist by saying
"why don't you just do it yourself since you know?"

I think he heard but din reply.. but wadeva... you HAD SO MUCH TIME in the world yet you COULDN'T BE BOTHERED... and now you burdened others...

CONGRATS.. I never knew you could go so low...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ok... bitchfest over... I think my anger has simmered down too... going to bathe..

oh yeah... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home