CONFESSIONS OF A POP COUTURE ADDICT TRAPPED IN ARMY

Sunday, April 03, 2005

looking thru the world in grey-tinted glasses

sigh... read Jack's blog and well.. it's profuse with sadness and regret... and honestly i sometimes wonder why... it almost feels like self-torture to me, like the extreme sarcastic pessimist or something...

why choose to live life through such grey-tinted glasses when you can easily take them off? I too know what kind of shit I'll probably be going through when i return to my camp, and the responsibilities and arrows that will start flying.. but just gamely take them on? I dunno.. I'm also largely comforted by my cellgroup mates praying for me about my imminent return to jurong camp, facing people whom i have a terrible first impression of...

and well, this verse always comforts me..

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you cannot bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it"

1 Corinthians 10:13

fraNK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home