CONFESSIONS OF A POP COUTURE ADDICT TRAPPED IN ARMY

Monday, May 16, 2005

round the world whilst on duty.

this is interesting.

i did more research on travelling in Europe, as well as on options in US universities, whilst I was doing duty on Sunday, as compared to all the weekends I've had since I comissioned.

(it even prompted one of my men to say, "dun worry, after a few more DOO duty, you'll have your travelling plan completely firmed up... -_-)

says pretty much about what a terribly undisciplined and wasteful life I'm living eh?.. sigh.. no wonder my mom gets so pissed at me at times...

aniwez this duty was pretty pleasant cos time passed pretty fast as I alternated between sleeping and semi-sleeping whilst browsing through the travelling books and university guide..

but the university guide has got me worried. a lot of my "so-called favourite" schools initially has given me slightly negative vibes after reading the book...

like UC Berkely being so crowded, it gets asphyxiating.

or like how the schools have this Greek fratenity and sorority thing which is somewhat an elitist group that claims to have more fun, par-tays and booze than other people whom are not in such stuff...(typically nerds i guess) which translates to being more kewl, popular and fun-loving to many... -_-

I seriously do not understand this whole sorority and fratenity thing. Anyone care to explain?

but thinking about it, it's a Catch-22 scenario ain't it. You complain about elitism when you're not in it but if u "lucky" and get in, then you'll be saying this is such a good opportunity for bonding and getting to know more people easily... but i dunno.. i dun even noe what the hell this system is...

******************


then about my tour de Europe.. right now, i'm thinking something along the lines of

Instanbul, Turkey --> Capaddocia, Turkey --> Izmir, Turkey --> Ephesus and Kusadasi, Turkey --> Samos, Greece --> Mykonos, Greece --> Athens, Greece --> Pelopponese, Greece --> Rome, Italy --> Florence, Italy --> Nice, France --> Geneva, Siwtzerland --> Berlin, Germany --> Paris, France --> Marseille, France --> London, UK --> Cambridge, UK

ambitious eh? i dunno lah.. wishful thinking methinks... it needs to be downsized alot and much more carefully thought of..

guess i'll leave that to other duty times =)

fraNK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home