CONFESSIONS OF A POP COUTURE ADDICT TRAPPED IN ARMY

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

techies rule!

i suddenly realised how changed our lives have become within the past few years, thanks to technology...

had it been a few years ago, i wouldn't be booking out of camp carrying nothing except a tiny thumbdrive tucked in my pocket. I would probably be lugging some heavy laptop and the wires required...

had it been a few years ago, i would have had to call my parents at my office to meet up at a certain location, then leave camp and head for the place. If I couldn't find them, then I would have to scour the area for some vibrantly hued payphone, dig my wallet for some coins to clunk into the machine.

yet now, the payphone is as rare as people carrying pagers. and more often than not, they are hoarded by zealous banglas.. -_-

had it been a few years ago, listening to music meant listening solely to the radio, memorsing 93.3 songs and so on... now it's all zen and pods, with the device getting smaller and smaller until it can too fit into one's pockets

hmmm... i dunno abt you, but it sets me thinking.. how would we really live within the next ten years? could we astral project? would we be carrying portable-entertainment systems so we wouldn't miss out on any shows?

oh well.. i'm starting to sound like some newsweek article. better stop.

frank

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home