CONFESSIONS OF A POP COUTURE ADDICT TRAPPED IN ARMY

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

new blood enthusiasm

am i too soft sometimes?

like today during field pack inspection, I pretty much let them do it their own way and didn't really enforce much... just commenting on certain stuff like oil bottle not filled and so on... then some people just blatantly and completely forget to bring or buy the necessary items, despite me reminding them..

so what to do? i'd be checking again tommorow.. and well, I think my hard stance has to come out liao.. make them fall in at the parade square to check? make sure everything is neat and tidy? i dunno... how to balance niceness and getting work done?

talking about recall manning, sometimes I feel I get to obsessed with my own new ideas and way of doing things that I ignore the more lao-jiao people and their opinions... like on my planning of the area management and layout etc.. got really into it and was sending people around doing stuff when one of the more lao-jiao specs reminded me that it was not really the practice here...

hmm.. clash between the new blood's enthusiasm and the old blood's experience...I feel restricted and inhibited sometimes.. want to implement alot of stuff yet so at the infancy stage here, not really knowing alot about the going-ons... but yeah, as my dad says, the first 3 weeks should be on observation, next 3 then on action and following that on change... so yeah, maybe it's still too early... =)

and I thank God cos there are nice pple in the Bn lah afterall, the men and specs are all pretty decent and nice... (at least the ones i got to know, like through table tennis and so on) but wonder whether they feel wierd when i go and approach them to say hi and just like chit-chat about sutff and going out and so on?

is there an unreproachable barrier because of the rank? I dunno... hope there isn't.. wouldn't mind going out with some of them cos the officers in 3 sig are like pretty rare... but well, would it be quite awkward, especially if they are also with their platoon mates and so on?

or maybe in unit such barriers are broken?

dunno.. hoping to learn more and get better at my job,
get to know more friends and pals for a lifetime =)

franK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home