CONFESSIONS OF A POP COUTURE ADDICT TRAPPED IN ARMY

Friday, April 29, 2005

getting to know you

random thoughts:

- got to know my cousins better, be it Samuel, Benjamin as well as some far-far-flung cousin who came to Singapore to study in NUS... think i must have honestly been hiding in some hole somewhere for the past 19 years of my life, not really getting to know them or something.. or maybe it's really army that has made me more matured? haha. as if.

- 300+ people is ALOT. We couldn't fit everyone in the chapel and latecomers has to stand behind as 'punishment'.

- my cantonese sucks, but i have surprisingly used it more in these few days than i ever had in the past 19 years... my malaysian aunt says my cantonese sounds like ang-moh chinese.. which made me go huh?! wah.. dat bad issit?

- you can guarantee a tearjerker when you start mentioning unaccomplished wishes and tender stuff, like when my uncle said he was intending to bring my granddad on wheelchair to tour the new premises of our church when renovation was completed... but now, there's no chance... THAT nearly got my tear glands in motion.

- some people really think wake means really coming at like 11+ something and talking through the night, but our family doesn't believe in that. In particular, my grandmother got quite pissed when some people just refused to leave and she was muttering to my aunts that the people "very long-winded and really want to talk through the nite". cute.

- despite my best efforts, i am going to sleep and will not be waiting for my sis to come home. ZzzzZ..

frAnk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home