CONFESSIONS OF A POP COUTURE ADDICT TRAPPED IN ARMY

Saturday, April 23, 2005

the problem with blog skins

i've been thinking of a blog revamp, considering my currently blogskin is getting is a little old and worn... but well, results yielded from blogskins.com sorely disappoint.

there is seemingly like only 2 types of blogskins available..

one is the sickly sweet, ooh-so-cute types of blogs which generally include tons of hearts, stars, glitter and sweet-pie-ish pictures from all places like jap anime, forever friends and so on...

the real worst are those starting with boy + girl etc etc.. and just nauseate the reader with the saccharine-ness of the love enfusing the oh-so-cuddly relationship and so on.. where the gal posts "oh he's so sweet" entries and the guy does so vice versa and they top it off with falling snow flakes or glittery stars...

sounds like something good for royston. too bad he doesn't blog anymore.

the second type of blogskins are the absolute reverse, using dark themes and even darker words, these blogs just scare the heck out of most people with their content, as though the writer is going through the darkest days or has just checked out of rehab but is still on the verge of rehab.. words like.. "miserable life... u poisoned my life" etc are echoed all around the gloomy website and well.. is plain sad...

which honestly, leaves me with no choice to improve on my blog. ZILCH.

because the most irritating flaw of all these designs is that... they honestly care so much about the design that they completely hecked the contents of the blog - ie. the WORDS... the words MAKE UP the life of the blog, not the design! So why the hell only devote one-sixth of the page to you measly entries whils the rest of the space is left purposefully blank for the existentialistic look? it's all wrong man...

so whatever... at least my blog still ain't looking too tardy, and it ain't too gloomy so i guess it'll suffice...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
Dusty Springfield
made popular by Nadia Turner

When I said I needed you
You said you would always stay
It wasn't me who changed but you and now you've gone away
Don't you see that now you've gone
And I'm left here on my own
That I have to follow you and beg you to come home
You don't have to say you love me just be close at hand
You don't have to stay forever
I will understand

Believe me believe me
I can't help but love you
But believe me I'll never tie you down
Left alone with just a memory
Life seems dead and quite unreal
All what's left is loneliness there's nothing left to feel
You don't have to say you love me just be close at hand
You don't have to stay forever
I will understand
Believe me believe me
You don't have to say you love me just be close at hand
You don't have to stay forever
I will understand
Believe me believe me believe me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home