CONFESSIONS OF A POP COUTURE ADDICT TRAPPED IN ARMY

Saturday, April 23, 2005

home cooked food

was pleasantly surprised today when my aunt popped by our house and whipped up a few dishes for me and my sis to have dinner, and was just so accomodating, nice and caring...

i really thank God for a wonderful, caring and lovely family.

i thank God for giving me so much in my life - the results, the family, the friends, the capability to exercise one's own choice in matters of life, not limited by monetary woes and other troubles...

hmmm.. it's only in army, when u start to interact with more people and get chummy with people from different backgrounds do u really see the plight some are in and would u ever realise how lucky u are...

and really, it has opened my eyes and made me tad more sensitive to such people.. hope i can help out in anyway or whatsoever...

++++++++++++++++++++++++


aniwez, as i was saying, I had quite a migraine as I slogged myself back home, took a nice shower and tucked myself into bed, really thankful that someone was preparing dinner.. and suddenly, the homeliness and niceness of home cooked food really struck me today... very wierd... felt so much family warmth and so on...

think i must really start appreciating my parents more, esp my mum's cooking.. the effort she pours in to cook the various food just in anticipation of me coming home.. I should be YEARNING to relive that experience at the end of each working day instead of demanding to eat out...

and i was quite idiotic as well when they called back.. started whimpering on the phone saying "bing bing" (ie. sick-sick) and saying how I had this very bad headache... thankfully it was my father who knew me well enough to see through these silly antics of mine.. (mind you, it's not that my mom doesn't know me well, but it's just that this innate motherly-ness surges forth everytime she hears such stuff and she unwittingly gets worried... so there..)

so pretty boring now at home, waiting for new people to come online to talk to them... get to know more people.. haha...

fraNk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home