CONFESSIONS OF A POP COUTURE ADDICT TRAPPED IN ARMY

Monday, November 15, 2004

Of Princeton, Hypnerotomachia Poliphili, and my latest mini shopping-spree

foreword -- something tells me i should continue my army journal, starting back from R.O.C., or these memories, pretty much treasured lessons and cherished moments, will simply fade into obscurity as time swathes through it relentlessly... (ok.. forget the bombasticity of it..)

ANIWEZ, back to the topic... I'm so utterly glad for this holiday period where I feel that i'm living a semblance of a nomral civilian life again... and well, even thou i din really go out with frens, lan, or play tennis, it was pretty kewl overall.. =)

My mini shopping spree which i planned was severely halted when my mom said she would be drawing $520 out of my account this month, thanks to my new levi's specs and the monthly household funds.. oh well.. this, added with my intended shopping spree fund of $200, totalled to my monthly allowance... which pretty much sucks... OH WELL...

Aniwez.. i did buy some stuff -->
1. Nike shirt feat. a nice TENNIS logo, to cement the notion that i WANT to learn tennis and be good at it! (I mean! I was made to love tennis! even watching Wimbledon (the movie) made me tingle.. how cruel is it that the sports i like are always so inaccesible and always seemingly cost alot... while others get away with a simple basketball or soccer... grr) --> $37.00
2. FINALLY.. an adidas polo tee, $49.00 (I had $30 discount plus RSH gave 10% off =))
3. "The Rule of Four" and Grisham's "The Last Juror", totalling to around $51.00

the clothes cost me $41.75 ultimately hence totall i spent $91.75 liao!! ouch... then the crumpler bag is like $89.90... so i'm a bit hesistant...my dad finally said my weakness lay in shopping... so well.. i'll hold back...sigh

started reading "The Rule of Four", (J. Khoo told me not wait for the paperback versh but I was too impatient liao.. aniwez, hopefully can form a book-swapping club with him) and well, I'm pretty much caught up in the book... and one thing i keep envisioning is the Princeton environment... yes, I've heard how Princeton only allows ONE MEASLY ASIAN STUDENT to enter per year.. but i wistfully wish i could enter... cos the descriptions of the dorms, the colleges, the eating clubs all seem to create a wholesomely fun and cool place to be in.. sigh.. wanna go America to study... (yeah.. maybe i'll really finally decide on America)..


yeah... cool pictures of Princeton

speaking of which, I wish books describing universities could be written in the way like that in "rule of four", instead of the bookish way in "Kaplan"... i feel like I'm really going on a visual tour in the former, whilst the latter just bores me... sigh.. BUT unless I can find books set in CMU, Cornell, and so on so forth, Kapaln's the best thing around...

or maybe i shoudl try Princeton just for good measure.. hehe.. WHATEVER..

Brunei's drawing closer and well.. I'm not feeling exactly prepared... MUST remind myself to bring back the survival handbook to mug next weekend!!!

regards..
FrAnk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home