CONFESSIONS OF A POP COUTURE ADDICT TRAPPED IN ARMY

Sunday, March 13, 2005

HSBC treetop walk

aniwez this is one day old...

so it starts with me complaining that there's nothing to do in Singapore lest shopping, eating, movie-ing and lanning...

problem is,

1. I refuse to eat cos i will get fat, and already im looking chubbier liao.. SHEESH

2. I am already accused of being shopaholic liao still go and shop? That's like playing with fire lor.. already I'm itching to buy Oakley glasses and a new PC game like Battle For Middle Earth.. and honestly, shopping with most guys is so NOT FUN and so wierd..

3. there are only so many movies u can possibly have an interest to watch.. and there's something called movie-fatigue too... and plus.. there's always the possibility u pay $8.50 and end up watching a shitty show, like say "The Twins Effect"

4. playing lan gets others sick.. somehow.. and well, it pisses others off as well (read politics of gaming)

SO... upon my incessant whining, my parents suggest i get my frens to go walk the HSBC tree top walk, or like play tennis or so on.. (are they hinting something about the need to exercise?)

... and well.. i think it's a good idea. so i bravely msg Alvin and Jack (trying out my luck)...

and well.. the reply from Alvin is,

"Haha.. You're most amusing.. Tree top walk.. You sure you not running a fever? :p my mom wants lunch.. I mite haf to shift to dinner... :p"


-_-... ok.. so apparently healthy exercise is a joke.. ok fine...

and Jack is busy as usual, and puts things on hold...

-------


Undeterred, I instead get my parents to walk with me on Saturday, since

1. no one has asked me out on Friday nite, meaning I can sleep early..

2. alvin pushed the appointment to 3, freeing my Sat morning

but well... exercising with my parents requires careful finesse (at LEAST according to them), as my mum thinks I walk to fast, and vice versa... so well, we need to accomodate each other...

so they're smart... they wake up slightly earlier and TAKE A CAB rite to the island country club before calling me and telling me to come along...

-_-

meaning I dashed 3km from my house along the MacRitchie path only to see my parents refreshed and asking me whether I wanted to eat bread... BREAD?!? whilst we are exercising?...

(and well, there's something about me being in the jungle, particularly to places where I've navigated to before... it turns on that 'garang' mode in me and like I would find it ridiculous when people start thinking it is a picnic, complainly about the mosquitoes, weather and everything in general, and stopping every now and then to wipe sweat... I mean, such notions are COMPLETELY alien to a soldier in a jungle!)

whateva it is, we make our way to the start of the suspension bridge only to find a pretty long queue liao and we soon find ourselves queueing in front of a bunch of boisterous and loud girls from goodness knows which school, apparently here on a school outing.. -_-

which of course pisses me off to no end.

1. i have no problem with girls who are nice and demure (most girls are when they are pretty much alone or like in threes or pairs), but put a bunch of girls in the same class together, and you somehow get hell burnt over. They talk at the top of their voices, wildly gesticulate and like get completely floored over simple things... and all in the plain view of public...

a typical example of girls behaving badly...

Girl A: "HEY, did You watch so-and-so's play? It's good rite?"

Girl B: (wildly flaps her hand and stamps) OH MY GAWD! THE GUY'S A GENIUS.. HE'S SO DARN GOOD!!! OH MY GAWD HE'S LIKE JUST... I MEAN, HAVE YOU WATCHED BLAH BLAH BLAH... IT'S TO DIE FOR MAN!

Girl A: YAH! YAH!! OH MY GAWD.. IT'S LIKE..

-_-

2. They piss me off, cos they do the things I precisely think are ridiculous to do in the jungle... (ok maybe this reason is biased) They like sing all sorts of songs at the top of their voices like they're at some Girl Scouts Campfire Gathering, and just make the blasted amount of noise no matter where they are.. and of course, the worstis their giggling...and with that they say the STUPIDEST THINGS...

an example of girls saying the darndest things:-

GirL A: Aiyoh.. Why must we walk up the hill then walk down again? Why can't we just walk straight?

Girl B: (mutters something incoherent)

Girl A: Oh yah hor.. You'll be walking through earth, but why not dig a tunnel lah? Or walk round the hill?

-_-

I'd like to see HER do that on Bukit Biang man...

------


ok... so basically, the gist is, i get pissed off and then a little frightened at the tree top walk, cos I suddenly realise..

I HAVE SOME FORM OF FEAR OF HEIGHTS


but hey.. it's quite manly to admit it lor i realise


just feeling slightly queasy and off whilst i was on the bridge and just hoping the people in front would move faster...

so well.. overall the journey was tiring and took quite long lah.. cos had to accomodate with mon's speed, and i WAS really pretty tired after the whole thing... so well, spent a fruitful morning i guess... =)

too tired to upload photos... will do so another time

frank

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home